Why pizza is called pizza?
Some etymologists suggest it is related to the Lombardic word bizzo or pizzo, which means mouthful, and is related to the English word bite.
- 1/2 cup Split or Whole Green Lentils Batter
- (soaked, and grinded with ginger, green chili, turmeric, cumins, asafetida, and salt into a slightly coarse paste).
- 4 tbsps HEKKA Tomato Sauce
- 1/4 medium Red Onion (finely chopped)
- 1/4 small Yellow Bell Pepper (diced)
- 1 tbsp. Fresh Coriander Leaves (finely chopped)
- 1/4 Green Chili (optional)
- A good pinch of Black Pepper Powder
HEKKA Tomato Sauce!
Finely chopped veggies 🧅🫑
Green lentils batter
Pour and spread about a half cup of batter on a nonstick pan, over medium heat.
Spread the veggies (onion, bell pepper, and coriander) on top of the lentils pizza base.
Using an extra batter, make the veggies stick to this lentil pizza base.
Turn the well-done, crisp, and golden lentils pizza base upside down.
Apply a good amount of Tomato Sauce 🍅
Spread the veggies evenly on top of the tomato sauce.
Finally, the grated Parmesan cheese 🧀
Cover the lid, adjust the heat to low, and let it cook for about 3 to 5 minutes.
After 5 mins, open the lid, and our melt-in-the-mouth Personal Pizza is ready to serve.
Here, it makes a perfect meal! 😊
The Recipe Is Inspired By Premium Quality Egyptian Tomato Sauce from HEKA
For an extra crispness, we may try adding a little rice flour to the green lentils batter. Also, we may always use a variety of veggies and/or spices of our choice. For example, broccoli 🥦 is one of my favorites.