Guacamole is an avocado-based dip, spread, or salad. The recipe was first developed in Mexico. In addition to its use in Mexican cuisines, it has become a part of modern international cuisines.
The guacamole recipe is super easy and quick to create In our own kitchens.
- 2 medium Avocados (firm but perfectly ripened)
- 1 medium Red Onion
- 1 large Tomato
- 1 to 2 medium Green Chili
- 2 Garlic Cloves (finely chopped or minced)
- 1/2 to 1 Fresh Lemon Juice
- A handful of Fresh Coriander (finely chopped)
- 1/2 tsp. Freshly Ground Roasted Cumin Powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. Red Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Red Chili Flakes
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. Oregano
- 1 tsp. Brown Sugar (optional)
- 1/2 to 3/4 tsp. Pink Salt
Nicely wash and place all the fresh ingredients at one place.
Dry roasted cumins to be grinded into a coarse powder.
Here’s an important point -chop all the veggies prior to avocados 🥑
We will cut the avocados later when every other thing is ready. This is to prevent it from oxidation, meaning turning it into brown color.
Remove the avocado flesh from its skin and place it into a separate bowl.
Immediately, squeeze the fresh lemon juice onto it. 🥑🍋
Add the spices and mash the avocados into a slightly chunky paste.
Now add garlic, onions, tomatoes, chili, and coriander to it.
Gently fold everything together. Taste and adjust the spices.
Transfer the guacamole to a serving bowl and top it with some finely chopped, onions, tomatoes, and coriander.
Bursting with fresh flavors, homemade Guacamole is ready to serve.
Guacamole and corn chips make a great snack for the kids.
Guacamole can also be used as a healthy spread for our sandwiches 🥪
We may seal the leftover guacamole with a thin layer of lemon-water.
Cover the lid of the container and refrigerate it for a day or two.